Your smile makes all the difference in how you present yourself to the world. A bright healthy smile puts your best foot forward so to speak, and you achieve it by taking good care of your teeth and gums at home. Brushing twice a day, and flossing once a day removes harmful bacterial plaque and stuck food particles trapped between the teeth and the gumline. These two healthy habits, practiced daily, will go a long way in preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
In addition to these daily habits, there are things your mouth needs that you can’t provide at home. This is where our dental team comes to the rescue. We not only do a diagnostic to assess the state of your teeth and gums, but we also remove hardened plaque, or tartar, and polish your pearly whites. We also do the following:
Your Dental Visit:
- We look for any signs of tooth decay, chips or cracks and make sure there are no loose teeth.
- We make sure your fillings are in top shape and check on any dental appliances you normally wear.
- We look at all oral tissue and check the tongue for abnormalities
- We look for signs of gum disease such as gum recession.
- We take X-rays where necessary.
- We make sure the bite is what it should be.
We do all this to spot dental issues early, prevent dental problems, and treat those that exist. The earlier dental issues are treated, the less invasive and more affordable the treatment. We invite you to schedule a visit with one of our caring dentists by calling our Monon Family Dental team in Indianapolis, Indiana at 317-810-9285 today. Dr. Grant Cleveland, Dr. Zachary Allmand, and Dr. Timothy Carlson are here to help keep your smile bright!